* Teaching at the college level and in the military for over 40 years
* Teaches legal topics to business owners and college business students, including Florida laws
* Experienced as organization's Director of Legal Affairs and Risk Management
* Experienced as Handguns Instructor for over 30 years
* Doctorate is in business/teaching and has taught graduate law & management courses at various universities for over 30 years
* Published his book "Concealed Carry & Handgun Essentials for Personal Protection," which is available for FREE to his students.
* Retired Colonel in the USAF Reserve with 30 years of service, including experiences at Air University, HQ, U.S. Special Operations Command at MacDill AFB, FL, & at Special Operations Command, Atlantic at Ft Bragg, NC. Ben is a veteran of the Vietnam War & Persian Gulf War, Operation Desert Storm, Operation Desert Shield, Operation Restore Hope in Somolia, & the Bosnia War.
* NRA-Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Range Safety Officer, Florida Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor, USA Concealed Carry Registered Instructor, and U.S. Air Force training in small arms and "Expert" Qualified.
* International Defensive Pistol Association classified as "Marksman" in 4 different pistol Divisions.
* Completed Sig Sauer Academy's Practical Handguns Skills course in New Hampshire, as well as the Advanced Concealed Carry Course with FFT in south Florida. He also completed the NRA Advanced and Intermediate courses in Concealed Carry, Personal Protection Outside the Home.
* Interviewed on the History Channel's "Secrets of War" episode 51, Psychological Warfare, and authored the Air Force book "Psychological Operations."
* Past certified federal Mediator and Ombudsman and a U.S. Air Force Air War College graduate.
* Awarded the U.S. Air Force Academy’s outstanding Counselor award for Academy liaison officers, where he served as Deputy Commander for NW FL & AL.
* Awarded the Academy’s Tallman Outstanding Leadership/Service award and the Department of Defense's Legion of Merit medal.
* Awarded PSYOPS Outstanding Instructor award for the U.S. Air Force Special Ops School at Hurlburt Field, FL.
* Graduate of the Sheriff's Law Enforcement Academy for civilians at Escambia County, Florida, 8-week course. Also graduate of the Pensacola, Florida Police Department's Police Academy for civilians, 7-week course.
* Karen loves to teach and help others with their basic shooting, self-defense, handguns, and concealed carry fundamentals
* NRA-Certified Pistol Instructor, Florida Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor, a USA Concealed Carry Registered Instructor, and an NRA Recruiter.
* Director of Administration for Florida Handguns Training.
* Experienced Handguns Instructor and competing for several years.
* Teaches Handguns Skills, Safety & Concealed Carry, NRA Basic Pistol, Basics of Firearms Safety & Self-Defense for Women, Youth Handgun Introduction & Safety Courses.
* Demonstrated fine marksman in competitions.
* Completed the prestigious Sig Sauer Academy's Practical Handguns Skills Course in 2014, as well as other handguns training.
* Karen is particularly interested in the empowerment of women and their ability to defend themselves in any given situation. She can relate to women of any age and welcomes the opportunity to share with them and others her knowledge and "yes-you-can" attitude. Ask her about her concealed carry purses and handguns. Karen and Col Ben Team Teach various classes.
* Earned her degree in business in 1990 and is a member of Phi Delta Kappa National Business Honor Society.
* Completed the Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Course, 8 hours, at Baptist Hospital.
* Completed Radiology Certification Course and the Expanded Dental Duties Course at Pensacola State College, FL.
* Graduate of the Sheriff's Law Enforcement Academy for civilians at Escambia County, Florida, 8-week course.
* Graduate of the Pensacola, Florida Police Department's Police Academy for civilians, 7-week course.
* Raised two daughters, is a retired dental office Manager and chairside assistant with over 25 years of experience.
* Enjoys target shooting, walking, ballroom dancing, knitting, traveling, and having fun with their 6 grandkids.
1) Treat ALL guns as if they are LOADED;
2) Keep the gun POINTED in the safest possible DIRECTION;
3) Keep your FINGER OFF the trigger until you are READY to shoot;
4) Keep the gun UNLOADED until ready to use;
5) Know your TARGET, its surroundings, and what is BEYOND;
6) Be sure the gun is SAFE to OPERATE;
7) Wear Eye and Ear Protection as appropriate;
8) STORE guns so they are NOT ACCESSIBLE to unauthorized persons;
9) Know how to PROPERLY OPERATE & USE your gun safely;
10) Use only the CORRECT AMMUNITION for your gun. Guns and Ammo should be STORED SEPARATELY; and
11) NEVER Use ALCOHOL or DRUGS before or while shooting.