HANDGUNS SKILLS, SAFETY, & CONCEALED CARRY COURSE
FL Concealed Carry Weapons License Course*, Handguns and Safety Training, & Top-Rated & Bargain-Priced Handgun Reference Book
by Col. (Dr.) Ben Findley, USAFR (Ret) & Karen Findley
NRA-Certified Pistol Instructors & FL CCW Instructors
Email: ColBFF@gmail.com Phone: 850-221-4630
Classroom & Range Shooting at Santa Rosa Shooting Center, 6950 Quintette Rd., Pace, FL 32571
(This Course Meets Training Requirements for 2023 Florida Concealed Carry License Application Reciprocity.)
(Convicted felons or those restricted by law from firearm ownership/use are prohibited from Class.)
1. FIREARM SAFETY RULES, TIPS, & UNDERSTANDING CONCEALED CARRY
2. PROPERLY OPERATING DOUBLE & SINGLE-ACTION PISTOLS & REVOLVERS
3. ESSENTIALS PISTOL SHOOTING SKILLS, TIPS, & OVERCOMING COMMON ERRORS
4. RECOGNIZING & SOLVING COMMON PISTOL MALFUNCTIONS & STOPPAGES
5. LEGAL CONSIDERATIONS
A. GUIDELINES FOR CONCEALED CARRY Weapon (CCW)
B. Use of Force in PERSONAL DEFENSE:
1. Col. Ben's Practical CHECKLIST for Using and NOT Using Deadly Force - FS 776.012
2. Consequences of Using Deadly Force- "Forcible Felonies"- FS 776.08; the 2023 NEW Law
3. STAND YOUR GROUND- FS 776.013 (3)
4. CASTLE DOCTRINE- FS 782.02- Use of Deadly Force in Dwelling-House
5. Defense of PROPERTY, SELF-DEFENSE & Use of Force
SHOOT OR NO-SHOOT SCENARIOS -
WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
6. Where You Can & Cannot Carry Concealed in FL- OFF-LIMITS- FS 790.06 (12)
7. RECIPROCITY States- Out-of-State Carry- Where Need FL CCW License- FS 790.015
LIVE-FIRE REQUIRED (Range Live-Fire Shooting)
- SAFE Hands-On Shooting for Accuracy- LIVE-FIRE AT RANGE Upon Classroom Completion
- Certificate Awarded on Same Day as Classroom and Range Completion Upon Successful Course Completion at Santa Rosa Shooting Center;
- ALL .22 LR AMMO & GUN USE PROVIDED at Range with NO Extra Charge.
- Shooting Proficiency must be demonstrated by Meeting Two-Handed Shooting Requirements at 7 Yards with a low/no recoil .22 LR Pistol (As determined by Instructor- Range guidance given.)
- Frameable CERTIFICATE for Class Completion and for FL CCW License Application -
Signed by NRA-CERTIFIED PISTOL INSTRUCTOR. This is not an NRA-approved course.
** CALL 850-221-4630 TO REGISTER & PAY - Approximately 2.5 Hour Classroom ($80.) and 45-Minutes- 1 Hour Range ($18.46) Course for the ESSENTIALS of Handgun Skills, Concealed Carry, Legal Considerations, & Safety.
** REGISTRATION should be BEFORE DAY of class. CLASSROOM Fee of $80. will be paid in advance to Karen/Col.Ben BEFORE DAY class course begins.
** RANGE Fee of $18.46 will be paid separately to Range Manager after Classroom portion on DAY of course. Range portion taught by experienced Shooting Center staff.
** CLASSROOM portion starts at 9:30 am PROMPTLY. RANGE portion starts at approximately 12:15 am.
LIVE-FIRE SHOOTING (of a .22 LR caliber handgun) is required for course completion and licensure per State of FL regulations.) The Classroom portion can be taken alone, without the Range live-fire, as desired.