CONTACT US: To Register for CONCEALED CARRY Class, Handgun SAFETY Class, & To Buy Top-Rated Handgun REFERENCE BOOK-- 850-221-4630, 850-484-3221 OR ColBFF@gmail.
* AUTHOR of 5 Books, including Top-Selling "CONCEALED CARRY & HANDGUN ESSENTIALS FOR PERSONAL PROTECTION";
"MANAGEMENT: Processes & Paradigms"; "PSYCHOLOGICAL OPERATIONS" (Dept. of Defense-Air University Press)
* NRA-Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Range Safety Officer, Florida Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor, USA Concealed Carry Registered Instructor, & U.S. Air Force "Expert" Marksman Qualified handguns.
* Graduate of the Sheriff's Law Enforcement Academy for civilians at Escambia County, Florida, 8-week course. Also graduate of the Pensacola, Florida Police Department's Police Academy for civilians, 7-week course
* Florida Veterans' Hall of Fame- 2023 Class
* Experienced as an organization's Director of Legal Affairs and Risk Management
* Teaching at the college level and in the military for over 45 years
* Teaches legal topics to business owners and college business students, including Federal and Florida laws
* Experienced as Handguns Instructor for over 30 years
* Doctorate is in business/teaching and has taught graduate law & management courses at various universities for over 30 years
* Published his 367-page Reference book "Concealed Carry & Handgun Essentials for Personal Protection," which is available at discount to website visitors and students.
* Retired Colonel in the USAF with 30 years of service, including experiences at Air University, HQ, U.S. Special Operations Command at MacDill AFB, FL, & at Special Operations Command, Atlantic at Ft Bragg, NC. Ben is a Vietnam era Veteran & Persian Gulf War, Operation Desert Storm, Operation Desert Shield, Operation Restore Hope in Somolia, & the Bosnia War-eras Veteran.
* International Defensive Pistol Association classified as "Marksman" in 4 different pistol Divisions.
* Completed Sig Sauer Academy's Practical Handguns Skills course in New Hampshire, as well as the Advanced Concealed Carry Course with FFT in south Florida. He also completed the NRA Advanced and Intermediate courses in Concealed Carry, Personal Protection Outside the Home.
* Interviewed on the History Channel's "Secrets of War" episode 51, Psychological Warfare, and co-authored the Department of Defense Air Force book "Psychological Operations."
* Past certified federal Mediator and Ombudsman and a U.S. Air Force Air War College graduate.
* Awarded the U.S. Air Force Academy’s Outstanding Counselor award for Academy liaison officers, where he served as Deputy Commander for NW FL & AL.
* Awarded the Academy’s Tallman Outstanding Leadership/Service award and the Department of Defense's Legion of Merit medal.
* Awarded PSYOPS Outstanding Instructor award for the U.S. Air Force Special Ops School at Hurlburt Field, FL.
* Florida Veterans Foundation Board Member
* Florida Dept. Veterans Affairs AMBASSADORS Council for Veterans
* Florida Veterans' Hall of Fame Society, Board Member & Vice President
* Veterans Memorial Park Board Member, Pensacola
* Gulf Coast Veterans Advocacy Council
* American Legion
* Sons of the American Revolution Compatriot
* Wheel of Fortune TV Game Show Grand Prize Winner
NCAA Division 1-A, Southwest Conference, Football Official, 1980-1988
Pickleball Senior Player
* Karen loves to teach and help others with their basic shooting, self-defense, handguns, and concealed carry fundamentals.
* NRA-Certified Pistol Instructor, Florida Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor, a USA Concealed Carry Registered Instructor, and an NRA Recruiter.
* Director of Administration for Florida Handguns Training.
* Experienced Handguns Instructor and competitor for several years.
* Teaches Handguns Skills, Safety & Concealed Carry, NRA Basic Pistol, Basics of Firearms Safety & Self-Defense for Women, Youth Handgun Introduction & Safety Courses.
* Demonstrated fine marksman in competitions, including First-Place finish.
* Completed the prestigious Sig Sauer Academy's Practical Handguns Skills Course in 2014, as well as other handguns training.
* Karen is particularly interested in the empowerment of women and their ability to defend themselves in any given situation. She can relate to women of any age and welcomes the opportunity to share with them and others her knowledge and "yes-you-can" attitude. Ask her about her concealed carry purses and handguns.
* Karen and Col Ben Team Teach various classes.
* Earned her degree in business in 1990 and is a member of Phi Delta Kappa National Business Honor Society.
* Completed the Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Course, 8 hours, at Baptist Hospital.
* Completed Radiology Certification Course and the Expanded Dental Duties Course at Pensacola State College, FL.
* Graduate of the Sheriff's Law Enforcement Academy for civilians at Escambia County, Florida, 8-week course.
* Graduate of the Pensacola, Florida Police Department's Police Academy for civilians, 7-week course.
* Retired dental office Manager and chairside assistant with over 25 years of experience.
* Enjoys target shooting, walking, ballroom dancing, knitting, traveling, and having fun with their 6 grandkids.
Pickleball Senior Player
1) Treat ALL guns as if they are LOADED;
2) Keep the gun POINTED in the safest possible DIRECTION;
3) Keep your FINGER OFF the trigger until you are READY to shoot;
4) Keep the gun UNLOADED until ready to use;
5) Know your TARGET, its surroundings, and what is BEYOND;
6) Be sure the gun is SAFE to OPERATE;
7) Wear Eye and Ear Protection as appropriate;
8) STORE guns so they are NOT ACCESSIBLE to unauthorized persons;
9) Know how to PROPERLY OPERATE & USE your gun safely;
10) Use only the CORRECT AMMUNITION for your gun. Guns and Ammo should be STORED SEPARATELY; and
11) NEVER Use ALCOHOL or DRUGS before or while shooting.
1. Eye and Ear Protection ARE MANDATORY for ALL persons at the Range.
2. Bolts or Actions must be OPEN when you are not shooting.
3. Treat every gun as if it is LOADED at all times.
4. Keep the muzzle pointed DOWN RANGE or in a SAFE direction at ALL times.
5. Check your barrel for OBSTRUCTIONS before firing.
6. Make certain you have the CORRECT AMMUNITION for your gun before firing.
7. Shooters may only shoot at the target in line with their position. (example: #1 Position shoots at Target #1 only.)
8. Use official targets only. Target frames must be used. No cans, bottles, or other litter. Put old targets in trash container.
9. Remore all firearms from their cases at the shooting BENCHES only, never behind the benches or at your vehicle or in the Parking Lot.
10. Load firearms only when the Range is declared HOT (ready to commence firing) and you are at the firing line ready to shoot.
11. No alcoholic beverages allowed at the range (if employees detect the odor of alcohol on your person, you will not be allowed access to the Range.)
12. You may collect your own brass that is on or at the firing line. Brass that falls in front of the firing line may not be retrieved.
13. All persons must use the walkways to and from the rifle/pistol range targets. Access to the backstop and all areas outside of the target lines and walkways is prohibited.
14. No tracer or incendiary type ammunition allowed on Range.
15. Be aware of your target and what is behind it. All bullets must impact the lower half of the berm.
16. If others are waiting to shoot, time will be limited to one hour per shooter.
17. No 50 Caliber BMG. No 50 AE, 500, 460, 454 magnum handguns.
18. Allow for two seconds in between rounds. No rapid fire allowed.
Copyright © 2019 FLORIDA HANDGUNS TRAINING - All Rights Reserved.